Sunday, September 13, 2009

Health Care Reform Revisited

I am getting real tired of politicians claiming that 'the citizens have spoken', 'the American people are angry, uneasy or frustrated', etc.

I am a citizen, an American person, and I disagree with a lot of what they attribute to us. If they want to be truthful they would say some citizens or some American people. I don't know how they can claim to know what the American people want when so many of us want something else.

Most of the people I talk to are in favor of a government run health care plan. I know there are a lot of people that are not. But how can some of our Senators claim 'the American people' don't want it. From where I sit the majority do want it.

Since it is obvious (to me anyway) that the primary problem with our current health care system is the health insurance industry. The first thing to do to reform it is to eliminate the health insurance industry.

Health insurance companies are businesses that have only a single purpose, to make money. Our health care should not be based solely on profit motives. No problem with making money but what ever happened to customer service?

The patches most Republicans want to use to "fix" the health care in this country are just that, "patches". Like a hole in a tire they want to patch it. Sooner or later the tire still needs to be replaced. Our current health care system is broken beyond patching. It's time to replace the tire.

In order to "reform" the health care system we must replace it completely with another system. Otherwise it's not reform, it's just patching up a broken system thereby making it more complex and still in need of reform.


Another thing, why do some of our politicians keep claiming the U.S. has the best health care in the world? If that is true why do so many people go overseas, to places like Singapore, for their surgeries?

Both Senators from my State  have made these claims. I don't know how many other Senators and Representatives have. I do resent them, though, especially when the politicians that claim to represent the people of my State make these untrue statements.

No comments:

Post a Comment