Saturday, September 5, 2009

Depression, Food & TV Commercials

I am irritated by the Cymbalta commercial. It depresses me. It is supposed to be an antidepressant and yet the commercial seems to be designed to cause depression in the viewers. Maybe the idea is if they can cause depression they can sell more antidepressant drugs. That's the way I see it, anyway

Why does Weight Watchers try to make people want to eat? Every time I see their commercial on TV it makes me want to eat. If it is having the same effect on the people that pay them for their weight loss program and buy their foods it seems that is counterproductive. I know if I were paying them for help in losing weight and their tv commercials still made me want to eat they would lose me as a customer. The Jenny Craig commercials don't make me want to eat, so I know it can be done right.

I do like that little orange guy, Hungry, though. I went to the Weight Watchers website to try to find how much he would cost me, but as far as I can tell they don't sell them. They should, it would be a good income source. I don't even use Weight Watchers products but I would buy Hungry.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment