Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Slippery Bottles

I discovered something last week. All the shampoo, conditioner, sunblock, etc. bottles are slippery.

No, I am not talking about when they are wet and have some of the contents on the outside of the bottle. I am talking about brand new, unopened bottles in the store.

The reason I made this discovery recently, instead of years ago, is that I haven't used shampoo or conditioner for a very long time (need hair to use them) and I seldom use sunblock... yes, I know that's stupid but I just never got in the habit.

I noticed it because in doing my job I have to handle the bottles in the store and I found they are hard to hold on to.

In my opinion it is counterintuitive to make those particular bottles slippery. They are going to be used in showers, baths and when going into water in other circumstances, as well. If the bottle is already slippery it is going to be almost impossible to hold onto when it is wet, your hands are wet and the stuff is all over your hands (slippery stuff).

The manufacturers of those bottles should be making them less slippery, if for no other reason than to protect our toes from dropped bottles in the shower. It can be done. We do have the technology.

That's my thought for today. I'll be sure to let you know when I have another.

No comments:

Post a Comment