Saturday, July 3, 2010

Knees

I got a shot in my right knee Wednesday. Hurt more than last time because they are using Synvisc now instead of Hyalgan. This means only one shot every six months instead of a series of three, one each for three weeks. However, Synvisc is much more viscous (thick) and the Dr. injects three times as much, making it more painful. But less pain as a result of the shot is the goal and it works.


Will get the shot in the left knee on Aug. 17, first available slot open. The Doctors here don't want to do both knees on the same day because of the added discomfort of the single shot versus three shots. After experiencing the discomfort of the single shot I think I would rather have gotten both the same day and been done with it for the next six months. It wasn't all that bad, but I am not looking forward to doing it again in August.


Anyway, my right knee should be much less painful for a few months, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment