Thursday, December 3, 2009

All Better

My cough is gone. Has been for a couple of weeks now. I guess that means I am all better now.

I got shots of Hyalgan (sodium hyaluronate) in my knees in October. They took almost all the pain away. I was walking normal, almost pain-free. Unfortunately the pain started coming back a few days ago. I don't know if it's the colder weather or if the shots aren't lasting six months for me. It's only been five weeks since the last of the series of three shots. And the pain is back. Not quite as bad as it was so there is still some benefit.

The doctors, including the orthopedic surgeon that gave me the shots, tell me that walking is good for my knees. Even with the arthritis. If I don't use 'em they will get stiff and make walking even more difficult. So I try to take my dogs for a walk at least three times a week even though they should be walked daily. I have trouble convincing myself to endure the pain of a daily walk. I must try harder.

I hope I have something more interesting next time.

Check out my daughters latest post at Dancing With Daffodils.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment